For the past 7 days I have been a prisoner of The Flu. Believe me, you do NOT want a photo!
Today is my first day fever-free, so I thought I’d share a few of the thoughts–crazy and sound–that crossed my addled brain and hopefully give you a smile. Here they are:
- If you have 4 days of extreme aches and soreness, you might be getting the flu. Keep in mind, that’s better than the other option: getting old!
- If you have a temperature of 99, it doesn’t mean you’re Agent 99 from Get Smart. You might, however, have some interesting dreams when your fever inevitably goes higher.
- Stretching really can be a full body workout.
- Bendy straws are heaven sent.
- If your head hurts and making the slightest move is excruciating, you might want to just get in one position and stay there.
- Showering is high intensity exercise. Be sure and have a spotter just outside the curtain.
- You can have gelato in the morning if that sounds good to you. (It’s easy to eat.)
- The view out the bedroom window is really enough stimulation. Leaves move. Birds come and go. The light changes. If you can make it downstairs, a low-key movie that ends happily is nice. If coming down the stairs took all you had, it doesn’t matter what’s on–just look out the window.
- Nothing you agree to do, fund. make, or inquire about is legally binding if you have a fever over 102.
- Being healthy is a blessing highly under-appreciated by this former flu victim.
“so that the crowd wondered, when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled healthy, the lame walking, and the blind seeing. And they glorified the God of Israel.” Matthew 15:31